I made this perfect summer salad for a BBQ in the park with my girlfriends. The combination of bulgur, green asparagus and nectarines, topped with some pomegranate seeds and a honey & lime dressing, isn’t just simply delicious, it also looks very beautiful with this combination of color. I took the salad with me in a big glass jar, which really helped to get all the attention on the salad buffet.
Bulgur Salad with green Asparagus and Nectarine
Bulgur salad with green asparagus, nectarine, pomegranate seeds and a lime & honey dressing.
- 2 cups cooked bulgur
- 1 cup green asparagus sliced and cooked for 5 minutes over medium heat
- 1 nectarine sliced very thin
- 0.5 cup pomegranate seeds
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tbsp honey
- salt & pepper
- Cook the bulgur according to the package label and let it cool down for about 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, slice the green asparagus and cook it over medium heat for 5 minutes. Slice the nectarine and spit out the pomegranate seeds.
- Mix all ingredients for the dressing together.
Add the bulgur, green asparagus, nectarine and pomegranate to a bowl and top it with the dressing. You can serve it right away or let it in the fridge for about max one day - Great salad to make one day in advance =)
Serve the salad right away or store it in the fridge for one day.
This salad can be made as a main dish for 2 people or as a side dish for 4 people.