I made this perfect summer salad for a BBQ in the park with my girlfriends. The combination of bulgur, green asparagus and nectarines, topped with some pomegranate seeds and a honey & lime dressing, isn’t just simply delicious, it also looks very beautiful with this combination of color. I took the salad with me in a big glass jar, which really helped to get all the attention on the salad buffet.
Bulgur Salad with green Asparagus and Nectarine
- 2 cups cooked bulgur
- 1 cup green asparagus, sliced and cooked for 5 minutes over medium heat
- 1 nectarine, sliced very thin
- 0.5 cup pomegranate seeds
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tbsp honey
- salt & pepper
- Cook the bulgur according to the package label and let it cool down for about 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, slice the green asparagus and cook it over medium heat for 5 minutes. Slice the nectarine and spit out the pomegranate seeds.
- Mix all ingredients for the dressing together.
- Add the bulgur, green asparagus, nectarine and pomegranate to a bowl and top it with the dressing. You can serve it right away or let it in the fridge for about max one day - Great salad to make one day in advance =)
- Serve the salad right away or store it in the fridge for one day.