Warm oatmeals topped with caramelized bananas, pecan nuts, and cinnamon – the perfect start into your day.
I love to start my day with a warm breakfast like oatmeals. This recipe for caramelized banana oatmeals, topped with pecan nuts and cinnamon, saves every morning.
It’s easy to make and doesn’t need a lot of time. Furthermore, you don’t need to add sugar to this oatmeal recipes, as the caramelized bananas are sweet enough. I love to cut my bananas lengthwise and caramelize them in coconut oil and coconut blossom syrup, but you can also cut them into rings if you prefer.
Oatmeal, also called porridge, can be cooked in water or milk. Any plant-based milk is suitable. My preferred way to prepare it is with soy milk or almond milk. Secondly, you can cook it either in a pot or microwave. The latter is more stress-free in the morning if you are lucky enough to have a microwave at home 🙂
Caramelized Banana Oatmeal
- 50 g whole grain rolled oats
- 200 ml soy milk, alternative: any vegan milk
- 1 banana
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tbsp coconut blossom syrup, alternative: any natural sweetener
- 1 tbsp pecan nuts, chopped
- 0.5 tsp ground cinnamon
- Cook the rolled oats with the milk for 5 minutes at medium-high. Stir to prevent it from burning on the bottom of your pan.
- Meanwhile, caramelize the bananas. Cook the coconut oil and coconut blossom syrup for 3 minutes. Cut the banana lengthwise and caramelize it on each side for about 2 minutes.
- Place your oatmeal in a bowl and add the caramelized banana, chopped pecan nuts, and the cinnamon. Enjoy your warm breakfast.
Nutrition per Serving