This cashew cream recipe is a must know if you are vegan. It’s a smooth and creamy sauce made with cashew nuts and water which can be used as a vegan substitute for heavy cream or as
About This Cashew Cream Sauce
I have to admit that I am in love with cashew nuts and therefore always have either cashew milk or cashew cream in my fridge. Cashew nuts have such a delicious taste and are a perfect
The consistency is rather thick, and the taste is nutty. Add more water to the recipe if you prefer a liquid and smoother sauce. If you add this cashew cream to hot dishes, it thickens a bit, and you could think it is curdled, but your food will be just
How To Make Cashew Cream?
The recipe to make this cashew sauce is very simple. But you need to have a food processor or a high speed blender for a smooth cream.
- Soak cashew nuts for two hours in water. It’s possible to stretch this out overnight. Rinse them well.
- Add the cashew nuts with water to your blender and mix until smooth. This step takes me about 5 minutes using the food processor from Kenwood. You might need to scratch down the nuts using a spatula after halftime.
- Add more water if you want a liquid cream. Flavor with salt or sugar and vanilla extract if desired. I never flavor mine as I love to use it as
a basicingredient for many savory and sweet dishes.
- Store your cashew cream for up to five days in your fridge.
Recipes Using Cashew Cream
You can use this cream as
Use it as a topping for these soups:
Sharing is Caring
Do you like my recipe? I would love if you leave me a rating or comment. This way I better get to know which recipes you like and can make more of them 💜 Also, tag me on Instagram @aline_made or #alinemade – I will future all of your delicious food pictures on my account when you made my recipe!
Vegan Cashew Cream
A vegan cashew cream recipe made with only cashew nuts and water. Use this sauce as a basic ingredient for many dishes or as a vegan substitute for heavy cream.
Soak the cashew nuts in water for 2 hours.
Add the rinsed nuts with the water to a food processor or high-speed blender. Mix for about 5 minutes until creamy. Scrape down the nuts using a spatula if necessary.
Store your cashew cream for up to five days in your fridge.
- Add more water for a more liquid sauce.
- This is a basic recipe for cashew cream which you can use as a basic ingredient for many recipes. You can add salt or sugar and vanilla extract for taste if desired.
- Use this cashew cream as a vegan substitute for heavy cream. Perfect for salad dressings, soup toppings, or to add to your tomato pasta sauce.