A creamy vegan pasta sauce made with cashew cream and sun-dried tomatoes. This recipe for pasta with tomato cream sauce is dairy-free and made in under 30 minutes.
Why Cashew Pasta Sauce?
Cashew cream is a delicious dairy-free substitute to whipping cream or creme fraiche, which
If you make sun-dried tomato pasta, this counts for every recipe, always use the oil in which the tomatoes are packed instead of olive oil.
I have made this recipe so many times as it is ready to serve in less than 30 minutes and makes a delightful main dish for lunch or dinner.
How To Make Creamy Vegan Pasta
- Start with cooking your pasta in boiling salt water.
- For the cashew pasta sauce, cut the onion, garlic, sun-dried tomato, and tomato.
- Roast them in oil for a few minutes before adding the cashew cream. You need to add water to dilute the sauce.
- Add your drained pasta and season with paprika powder, salt, and pepper. Top it with vegan cheese if desired.
- Ready to serve in 30 minutes!
More Vegan Pasta Recipes
Did you try this recipe?
I would love it if you leave me a 5-star rating or comment. This way, I better get to know which recipes you like and can make more of them.
Cashew Tomato Pasta
- 7 oz (200g) pasta
- 2 tbsp oil from the sun-dried tomatoes, or olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 onion, chopped in rings
- 1/3 cup (60g) sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil, chopped
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 5 tbsp (100g) cashew cream
- 1/2 cup (120ml) water
- 1 tsp paprika powder
- 0.5 tsp salt
- Start by cooking the pasta in boiling salt water and set aside.
- Meanwhile, peel and mince the garlic and chop the onion in rings. Cut the sun-dried tomatoes in strips and the tomato in cubes.
- Preheat a large non-stick frying pan with two tablespoons of the oil in which the sun-dried tomatoes were packed in (or olive oil). Add the minced garlic and onion rings and cook for about 5 minutes. Add the tomatoes and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Add the cashew cream, water, and paprika powder. Season with salt and pepper. Let it simmer for a few minutes. Add the drained pasta and stir until well covered with the sauce. Add more water if needed.
- You can add vegan cheese if desired before serving your cashew tomato pasta.
- If the sauce gets to try, add up to 120ml (1/2 cup) more water.
- You could substitute the cashew cream with other dairy-free cream or with whipping cream if you are not vegan. But the nutty taste of the cashew cream gives this pasta recipe a delightful flavor, which you would miss if you substitute it.
- Using the oil, in which the sun-dried tomatoes are packed in, gives your pasta a richer tomato flavor and is a great way to use up the oil.