A creamy vegan pasta sauce made with cashew cream and sun-dried tomatoes. This recipe for pasta with tomato cream sauce is dairy-free and made in under 30 minutes.
Why Cashew Pasta Sauce?
Cashew cream is a delicious dairy-free substitute to whipping cream or creme fraiche, which
If you make sun-dried tomato pasta, this counts for every recipe, always use the oil in which the tomatoes are packed instead of olive oil.
I have made this recipe so many times as it is ready to serve in less than 30 minutes and makes a delightful main dish for lunch or dinner.
How To Make Creamy Vegan Pasta
- Start with cooking your pasta in boiling salt water.
- For the cashew pasta sauce, cut the onion, garlic, sun-dried tomato, and tomato.
- Roast them in oil for a few minutes before adding the cashew cream. You need to add water to dilute the sauce.
- Add your drained pasta and season with paprika powder, salt, and pepper. Top it with vegan cheese if desired.
- Ready to serve in 30 minutes!
More Vegan Pasta Recipes
Sharing is Caring
Do you like my recipe? I would love if you leave me a rating or comment. This way I better get to know which recipes you like and can make more of them 💜 Also, tag me on Instagram @aline_made or #alinemade – I will future all of your delicious food pictures on my account when you made my recipe!
Cashew Tomato Pasta
A creamy vegan pasta sauce made with cashew cream and sun-dried tomatoes. This recipe for pasta with tomato cream sauce is dairy-free and made in under 30 minutes. Creamy, delicious, and made in under 30 minutes.
- 7 oz (200g) pasta
- 2 tbsp oil from the sun-dried tomatoes or olive oil
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 onion chopped in rings
- 1/3 cup (60g) sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil chopped
- 1 tomato chopped
- 5 tbsp (100g) cashew cream
- 1/2 cup (120ml) water
- 1 tsp paprika powder
- 0.5 tsp salt
Start by cooking the pasta in boiling salt water and set aside.
Meanwhile, peel and mince the garlic and chop the onion in rings. Cut the sun-dried tomatoes in strips and the tomato in cubes.
Preheat a large non-stick frying pan with two tablespoons of the oil in which the sun-dried tomatoes were packed in (or olive oil). Add the minced garlic and onion rings and cook for about 5 minutes. Add the tomatoes and cook for another 5 minutes.
Add the cashew cream, water, and paprika powder. Season with salt and pepper. Let it simmer for a few minutes. Add the drained pasta and stir until well covered with the sauce. Add more water if needed.
You can add vegan cheese if desired before serving your cashew tomato pasta.
- If the sauce gets to try, add up to 120ml (1/2 cup) more water.
- You could substitute the cashew cream with other dairy-free cream or with whipping cream if you are not vegan. But the nutty taste of the cashew cream gives this pasta recipe a delightful flavor, which you would miss if you substitute it.
- Using the oil, in which the sun-dried tomatoes are packed in, gives your pasta a richer tomato flavor and is a great way to use up the oil.