This greek yogurt with granola and pear is a perfect dessert for autumn because now it’s the best season for very fresh and juicy pears and the smell of cinnamon. The simple topping is with homemade granola and hazelnuts.
Homemade granola? Yes, you did read correctly. Don’t be afraid, it’s a very basic granola which we are going to use for this greek yogurt dessert. You just have to heat whole grain oats with some brown sugar in a pan until it starts to caramelize, let it cool down and mix it with some chopped nuts – et voila – here is your finished homemade granola.
You will love the smell in your kitchen when you are doing this granola, I promise.
So, jump to the recipe and make yourself a yummy dessert with plain greek yogurt, cinnamon, granola with hazelnut, honey and fresh pear.
If you are fancy, you could eat it already for breakfast. It’s perfect for a weekend brunch or to surprise your better half with breakfast in bed (and you don’t need to clean so many breadcrumbs afterward like when serving him with some croissants…).
This dessert is also great to prepare in advance, but make sure to add the granola just right before you are going to eat it. Otherwise, the crunchy effect will be gone.
Greek Yogurt with Granola and Pear
- 2 tbsp whole grain oats
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 100 g plain Greek yogurt
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 tsp cinnamon powder
- 3 hazelnuts
- 0.5 pear
- Heat a pan over high heat and add the whole grain oats and sugar. Stir constantly until the sugar turns liquid.
- Take the pan from the heat and stir again for 1 minute.
- Place the granola on a plate to cool down.
- Meanwhile, place the plain greek yogurt in a dessert glass and add the honey and cinnamon powder (you can mix it or just put it on top of the yogurt -> it does look more beautiful this way).
- Wash and cut the pear into thin slices and place them on top of the yogurt.
- Coarsely chop the hazelnuts and sprinkle them with the granola on top of your dessert.