*This post may contain affiliate links.
Are you afraid of doing a homemade mayonnaise with an egg yolk? Or did you ever experiment a mayonnaise fail? I did a few times, that’s why I came up with this no-fail homemade mayonnaise recipe for you. Instead of an egg yolk, I used evaporated milk and it worked just fine.
Ok, I must admit – it was not my idea! My uncle who is a great chef and owned his own restaurant gave me this tip. For sure I went home and did try it straight away. And I was very happy with the outcome ☺
What is very important too, is which oil you are going to use. I tried it a few times with olive oil, as this is, besides coconut oil, my number one oil in the kitchen. But olive oil has quite a strong taste and therefore the mayonnaise has a very strong taste of the olive oil too, which was in my case quite bitter. The best oil is one with a neutral taste like canola oil.
I hope next time when you are going to eat some french fries at home you will dip them into your own homemade mayonnaise.
Homemade Mayonnaise without Egg
Click on the stars to leave a vote!
- 1 tbsp evaporated milk
- 2 tsp vinegar I used white balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp mustard
- 80 ml (0.4 cups) canola oil
- 0.5 tsp salt
- black pepper
- Add the evaporated milk, vinegar and mustard in a bowl and whisk together.
- Slowly add the oil while whisking constantly for about 5 minutes, until all the oil is used and the mayonnaise is thickened.
- Season with salt and pepper and store it in a clean glass jar in the fridge and use it within one day -> The taste is better if you use it as fresh as possible.