Read in: Deutsch
This vegan Mediterranean pasta salad is the perfect summer salad! It’s fresh, delicious, easy to make, and a real crowd pleaser!
Cooked pasta tossed with fresh tomatoes, sundried tomatoes packed in oil, rocket, kalamata olives, shallot, fresh basil, and a zingy Italian balsamic dressing: 100% tasty, 100% vegan!
Mediterranean pasta salad dressing is a light dressing with extra virgin olive oil, balsamic vinegar, maple syrup, mustard, salt, and pepper.
I love how fresh this salad tastes. Rocket adds a crunchy note, and sundried tomatoes packed in oil make for an intense, beautiful tomato flavor.
Feel free to vary the recipe to your taste. You can add toasted pine nuts, vegan feta cheese, and veggies of your choice.
Trust me when I tell you that people are going to love this vegan pasta salad. You can serve it as a side dish with grilled food or as a light stand-alone summer meal.
Furthermore, this crowd-pleaser can easily be prepared one day in advance without getting mushy (add the rocket just right before serving). Store it in your fridge, and it will taste as good as freshly prepared. Perfect for bringing along to any summer party!
Are you looking for a healthy-ish pasta salad? Swap regular pasta with wholegrain, spelt, lentil, or chickpea pasta.
Mediterranean Pasta Salad Recipe FAQ & Tips
How long does it stay fresh? Leftovers can be stored in an airtight container for up to 3 days in the refrigerator.
Olives: Kalamata olives are one of the best and most flavorful olives you can get. Feel free to substitute with other olives. I always buy olives pitted = less effort. 😉 You don’t need to wash the olives; the saltiness adds some extra flavor.
Dried tomatoes packed in oil are particularly flavorful. If you desire an even more intense tomato flavor, use the oil in which the tomatoes are packed in instead of olive oil to prepare the dressing.
Gluten-Free: Use gluten-free pasta or lentil-/chickpea pasta!
Low FODMAP: This recipe (1 portion a day) is suitable for a low FODMAP diet IF you swap pasta with gluten-free pasta, omit the shallot, or swap it with the green part of one scallion, and reduce the sundries tomatoes to 8g per portion.
More Salad Recipes You’ll Love:
- Caprese Pasta Salad
- Vegan Italian Pasta Salad
- Vegan Greek Pasta Salad
- Vegan Maccaroni Salad
- Vegan Potato Salad
- Greek Quinoa Salad
Did You Try This Recipe?
I would love it if you leave me a 5-star rating or comment. This way, I better get to know which recipes you like and can create more of them.
Please follow me on Instagram, Pinterest, and Facebook or sign up for my free newsletter to never miss the newest recipes. I would be thrilled to welcome you to my community & thank you so much for your support! 💕
Mediterranean Pasta Salad
- Cook pasta according to the packet instructions in boiling salt water until al dente. Drain, toss with some olive oil if desired, and set aside to cool for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, chop the remaining salad ingredients and mix all ingredients for the dressing in a small bowl.
- Combine everything in a large serving bowl and toss until well combined. Season to taste with salt and pepper!
- Make-Ahead: This salad can be made up to one day in advance. Store it in the refrigerator until 30 minutes before serving. However, I suggest adding the rocket right before serving.
- Keeps fresh for 3 days. Store it in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
- Olives: Kalamata olives are one of the best and most flavorful olives you can get. Feel free to substitute with other olives you like. I always buy them pitted. No need to wash the olives, the saltiness adds some extra flavor.
- Low FODMAP: This recipe (1 portion a day) is suitable for a low FODMAP diet IF you swap pasta with gluten-free pasta, omit the shallot, or swap it with the green part of one scallion, and reduce the sundries tomatoes to 8g per portion.