Do you have a sweet tooth? Do you like to snack in front of the TV or just want to have a little snack after lunch? Then these Pecan Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies are just perfect for you.
My personal suggestion on how to eat them is when they are coming straight out of the oven. Outside they are crispy, and when you bite on them, the inside part with the dark chocolate chips is still liquid.
These Pecan Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies are made with a homemade pecan nut butter, that’s what makes them so moist and rich in its taste. It is so easy, you just need to have a proper food processor at home. Add some pecan nuts, and 5 minutes later you have your own homemade pecan nut butter. Of course, not everybody has a food processor at home. Therefore you can buy the pecan nut butter.
Pecan Butter Chocolate Chip CookiesLeave a Review Print Pin
- 150 g (1.5 cups) pecan nuts, for homemade pecan nut butter (alternative: storebought pecan nut butter)
- 60 g (0.3 cups) butter, room temperature
- 80 g (0.4 cups) sugar
- 1 (1 ) egg
- 0.5 tsp (0.5 tsp) salt
- 1 tbsp (1 tbsp) vanilla extract
- 80 g (0.5 cups) dark chocolate
- 100 g (0.8 cups) all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp (1 tsp) baking powder
- Place the pecan nuts in a food processor and process until you have a creamy pecan nut butter. Set aside.
- Add the butter, sugar, egg, and salt into your kitchen machine and whisk for 2 minutes at high speed until well combined.
- Add one tablespoon of vanilla extract and the pecan nut butter and whisk for another minute.
- Chopp the chocolate into small cubes and add it with the flour and baking powder to the mixture.
- Stir until everything is evenly combined.
- Cover the bowl with a plastic wrap and refrigerate for one hour.
- Preheat your oven to 180°C/350°F (conventional) and line one baking sheet with baking paper.
- To make the cookies, work with two tablespoons. Take one tablespoon of the cookie dough and place it with the other tablespoon carefully on the baking paper. You don't need to form it; they will flatten themselves once in the oven. Do this until no cookie mixture is left. Make sure to leave some space between the cookies as they will flatten once in the oven.
- Bake your cookies in the middle of the oven for 15 minutes.
- Take them out, let them cool down for 2 minutes on your baking sheet until you transfer them to a cooling rack. As they are very soft when you take them out of the oven, they could easily break apart if you don't leave them to cool down for 2 minutes on the baking sheet.
- Eat your cookies still warm and store them in a jar for a few days.
Nutrition Per Serving