A juicy plum galette baked on roasted hazelnuts and a homemade pie crust. The perfect quick plum dessert.
The plum season is short. Therefore you need to make the best
You can make this plum galette also with other stone fruits, or mix them up, only stick to the measurements in this recipe. For more inspiration, jump over to my rhubarb galette recipe. I used damson plums, which are the number one plums growing in Switzerland. Are you a plum lover like me? Make sure to check out my recipe for a homemade plum pie.
Plum Galette in the Making
- Arrange the roasted hazelnuts and plums in a regular pattern on your rolled out pie crust. Make sure to leave a ~5cm/2inch border.
- Fold the remaining dough over the filling and slightly press to seel it. Brush the crust with egg and sprinkle with sugar before baking.
Sharing is Caring
Do you like my recipe? I would love if you could leave me a star rating. This way I better get to know which recipes you like and can make more of them ? Also, tag me on Instagram @aline_made or #alinemade – I will future all of your delicious food pictures on my account when you made my recipe!
- 1 (1 ) egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tbsp (1 tbsp) sugar
- Prepare a single pie crust or use a storebought one.
- Preheat your oven to 200°C/400°F. Chop and roast the hazelnuts. Stone and quarter the plums and mix with the sugar and ground cinnamon.
- On a floured working surface, roll out your pie crust to 30cm/12inch and place it on a with baking paper lined baking tray. Sprinkle it with the hazelnuts, leaving a 5cm/2inch border. Starting from the middle, place the plum quarters on top of the hazelnuts. Try to arrange them in a regular pattern.
- Fold the remaining dough over the filling and press slightly to seel it. Brush the crust with the egg and sprinkle with one tablespoon sugar.
- Bake your plum galette for 40 minutes at 200°C/400°F in your oven. Let it cool down for 5 minutes or entirely before slicing.