Usually, my recipes stand for homemade dishes where most of the ingredients are made at home. Especially, when it comes to pizza, there is nothing better than a homemade dough. But my homemade dough does take up to 2 days, starting with a poolish, folding him gently, give him time to rise and so on. There are days where it’s simply not possible as you are loaded with work or personal stuff, but still, want to have a good meal.
On this days, this recipe for a Quick Veggie Pizza with Quark is the right one for you. Still very delicious, with a lot of fresh ingredients and a store-bought pizza dough.
It’s not a traditional pizza with a tomato sauce ground, as this would take you an additional 30 minutes of your time away. Instead, the dough will be spread out with quark and olive oil.
Despite the carbohydrates in the dough, this pizza is quite healthy and very delicious.
You can make it for lunch or dinner. The preparation doesn’t take more than 15 minutes (10 if you are an advanced chef and very quick in the kitchen), plus additional 15 minutes in the oven.
Quick Veggie Pizza with Quark
- 150 g pizza dough, rolled out
- 3 tbsp quark, around 60g
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp chives, thinly sliced
- 2 mushrooms, champignons, thinly sliced
- 6 cherry tomatoes, cut in halves
- 60 g zucchini, thinly sliced
- 20 g cheese, grated (I used Appenzeller mild – a Swiss cheese)
- salt & pepper
- a handful of rocket
- Preheat your oven to 230° Celsius (conventional).
- Place the rolled out pizza dough on a baking sheet and transfer it onto a baking tray.
- Spread the dough with quark and olive oil – you can mix the quark and olive oil in advance in a little bowl or do it directly on the dough. Sprinkle with chives.
- Wash the vegetables. Slice the mushrooms and zucchini very thin and cut the cherry tomatoes into halves. Add them to the pizza and sprinkle with the grated cheese.
- Bake the pizza for about 15 minutes or until golden in the lower third of the oven.
- When it’s finished, take it out, season with salt and pepper and top it with rocket.