Roasted asparagus salad on a creamy strawberry vinaigrette – a healthy and quick to make vegan spring salad.
Spring is the season of fresh asparagus! Freshly roasted green and white asparagus on a strawberry vinaigrette is the way to enjoy it. If you don’t like strawberries, don’t worry. I am going to show you an alternative dressing.
What I like most about this asparagus salad is, that you can eat it either warm or cold and serve it along with grilled dishes or as an appetizer.
This dish is light, healthy, and delicious. No worrying about calories. 🙂
Asparagus Salad Recipe
- Trim off the tough ends of the asparagus. Peel the white ones just under the head – no need to peel green asparagus.→ The head is the best part of the white asparagus. It’s soft, full of taste, but also very delicate. Touch it with care.
- Chop them diagonally into thin slices and wash thoroughly. → This cut allows a quick roasting time and a full flavor.
- Roast the chopped asparagus for 5-10 minute in a skillet with olive oil. → They are still crispy after 5″ and soft after 10″.
- Toss with the dressing and serve warm or let it cool down.
The salad can be stored in the fridge for maximum one day.
- You can make this salad with either only green or white asparagus.
- Add a handful of freshly chopped strawberries for an asparagus strawberry salad.
Dressing for Asparagus Salad
A homemade strawberry vinaigrette or strawberry poppyseeds dressing makes this salad very aromatic. Plus, it ads a beautiful color. → Click here for the recipes.
If you don’t like strawberries so much or simply prefer a basic vinaigrette, use the following ingredients for a quick dressing:
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp vinegar (e.g. apple cider vinegar, red wine vinegar, or lemon juice)
- 1 tbsp agave nectar or maple syrup
- salt & pepper to taste
More Asparagus Recipes You’ll Love:
- Grilled Asparagus
- Asparagus Carbonara
- Asparagus Risotto with Lemon & Mint
- Asparagus Cheese Tart
- Vegan Creamy Asparagus Pasta Alfredo Style
- Asparagus Quiche with Brie Cheese
- Steamed Asparagus with Sauce Hollandaise
Did You Try This Recipe?
I would love it if you leave me a 5-star rating or comment. This way, I better get to know which recipes you like and can make more of them.
Please follow me on Facebook, Instagram, and Pinterest to see more tasty shiny food pictures! I would be thrilled to welcome you to my community!
Roasted Asparagus Salad
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 7 oz (200g) green asparagus
- 7 0z (200g) white asparagus
- 2 tbsp strawberry vinaigrette *see notes
- Prepare the asparagus. Green: Trim off the tough parts at the end. White: Trim off the tough ends and peel until beneath the head.
- Heat a skillet with oil, add the asparagus and roast them for 5-10 minutes over medium heat. → 5 minutes: crunchy | 10 minutes: soft.
- Mix with the strawberry vinaigrette and serve warm or let it cool down before serving. Store in the fridge for max. one day.
- You can prepare the salad either only with green or white asparagus.
- The strawberry vinaigrette goes very well with this salad. Use this dressing as an alternative: 2 tbsp olive oil, 1 tbsp vinegar, 1 tbsp agave nectar, salt, and pepper.
- Serve with freshly chopped strawberries.
Leave a Reply