This sun-dried tomato fettuccine with lemon recipe is simple and cooked in under 30 minutes.
Use the oil from the sun-dried tomatoes to roast the onion, garlic and sun-dried tomatoes. As the oil has the taste of the tomatoes, the sauce will be more intense than if you use a neutral oil.
To receive an intense lemon flavor, it’s necessary to add the zest of the lemon to the sauce. The juice itself is only to add a sour note, which is also essential for every pasta sauce. I love to use my zester from Microplane to make the lemon zest, you will just be frustrated if you use a standard grater.
Sun-Dried Tomato Fettuccine with Lemon
- 3 tbsp oil from dried tomatoes
- 1 clove garlic
- 0.5 onion
- 60 g sundried tomatoes in oil
- 100 ml vegetable stock
- 100 ml whipping cream , (30% fat)
- 20 g parmesan, grated
- a handful basil leaves
- 1/4 lemon, zest and juice
- salt, pepper
- 180 g fettuccine
- Peel and slice the garlic and onion very thin. Slice the sun-dried tomatoes into strips.
- Preheat a non-stick frying pan with 3 tablespoons of the oil from the sun-dried tomatoes. Add the garlic, onion, and sun-dried tomatoes and cook for 10 minutes over medium heat.
- Meanwhile, bring a pot with salt water to the boil and cook the fettuccine according to the label.
- Add the vegetable stock to the mixture and cook for another 3 minutes.
- Slice the basil and add it with the whipping cream and grated parmesan to the mixture. Add the zest and juice of 1/4 lemon.
- Simmer for another 5 minutes until you have a creamy sauce. Season with salt and pepper.
- When your fettuccine is al dente, drain them and pour them into the sauce. Mix until well combined and serve hot.