Read in: Deutsch
This utterly delicious vegan BLT sandwich is filled with smoky tofu bacon, lettuce, tomatoes, and vegan mayo! It’s the perfect BLT tofu sandwich for vegans!
Plant-based BLT? Sounds a bit like an oxymoron, and yes, everybody does a double-take the first time they see those words together, but guys, I. AM. SOLD! And so will you be. How does it work? I hear you! Vegan Tofu Bacon is the answer.
The protein-packed filling has delicate smoke flavors, similar to cooked bacon. You will not miss the original with this recipe! It tastes like a real BLT Sandwich, I promise!
It’s super easy to prepare, tastes incredibly delicious, and a must for everybody who loves a decent sandwich from time to time.
What is a BLT Sandwich?
- B = Bacon → In this case Tofu Bacon
- L = Lettuce
- T = Tomato
It’s one of the most popular sandwiches among Americans. No wonder, it’s packed with flavor. Crunchy lettuce, juicy tomatoes, and tofu bacon between two toasted slices of bread with a dash of vegan mayo.
You can enjoy this sandwich as a snack, for picnics, hiking tours, lunch at the office, or a quick dinner. Actually, it’s one of those bites you can enjoy throughout the whole day and is excellent for meal prepping.
Obviously, tofu is the primary ingredient and only needs a few steps for deliciousness: Cut it into fine slices, marinade in a smoky sauce, and bake! The baked tofu slices are dark brown, rich in protein, and have a delicious smoky flavor.
The vegan bacon seasoning adds a good deal of taste, just as it should be. It’s made with soy sauce, oil, maple syrup, liquid smoke, mustard, smoked paprika, and garlic powder.
You will find the detailed recipe including video and step-by-step pictures here: Vegan Tofu Bacon!
Feel free to substitute with any other vegan bacon. Smart Bacon and Vivera Plant Bacon Pieces are excellent store-bought bacon alternatives.
Vegan BLT Sandwich Recipe
Read through this visual step-by-step guide with lots of extra tips!
→ Make sure also to check out the BLT recipe video to see how easy it is!
The exact quantities and everything else you need to know for the recipe can be found in the recipe card below.
- Cut the bread in slices and toast if you like.
- Spread each slice of bread with vegan mayo. → Here is the recipe for vegan mayo!
- Place on half of the bread slices: Lettuce
- Tofu Bacon → Can be prepared up to a few days in advance and stored in the refrigerator. Use it either cold or reheat for a few minutes in a skillet with a little oil.
- Cover with the remaining slices of bread, slice if desired, and enjoy!
Crispy bread? Freshly baked homemade bread doesn’t need to be toasted, but can if you wish so. On the other hand, if you are using store-bought bread or toast, I highly recommend toasting it first. Aline’s Tip: Toast it in a skillet with a few olive oil splashes until golden brown.
Love Onions? Place a few thinly sliced onions between the lettuce and tomatoes.
Can I prepare those BLT sandwiches in advance? Sure, they are excellent for meal prepping. Prepare them up to one day in advance and store packed in plastic/aluminum wrap or airtight container in the fridge. Eat cold or reheat in a toaster, skillet, or panini press.
More Vegan Recipes You’ll Love:
Did You Try This Recipe?
I would love it if you leave me a 5-star rating or comment. This way, I better get to know which recipes you like and can make more of them.
Vegan BLT Sandwich
- Optional: Toast the bread.
- Spread each slice with vegan mayo.
- Place lettuce, tomatoes, and tofu bacon on half of the bread slices and top with the other halves. Slice and enjoy.
- Feel free to add sliced onions to the sandwiches.
- Tofu Bacon: Can be prepared up to a few days in advance and stored in the refrigerator. Use it either cold or reheat for a few minutes in a skillet with a little oil.
- Can I prepare those BLT sandwiches in advance? Sure, they are excellent for meal prepping. Prepare them up to one day in advance and store packed in plastic/aluminum wrap or airtight container in the fridge. Eat cold or reheat in a toaster, skillet, or panini press.