A creamy vegan hot chocolate which is perfect for cold days. This hot chocolate recipe is made with almond milk and therefore suitable if you are vegan or lactose intolerance.
Every sip of this vegan hot chocolate recipe is
I love to add cinnamon powder to my hot chocolate for an extra flavor. Using Medjool dates is a perfect
You can enjoy this drink if you are craving for a dessert after dinner but don’t want to make a dessert or if you want to enjoy a cozy winter day cuddled in your preferred blanket. Either way is homemade vegan hot chocolate a fabulous choice.
How To Make Vegan Hot Chocolate
- Chop medjool dates in thin strips.
- Cook almond milk, dates, cacao powder, and cinnamon powder for 10 minutes. The dates need to be soft, otherwise it’s difficult to blend them.
- Blend everything until smooth and creamy.
Homemade Vegan Hot Chocolate Recipe Variations
- Use this recipe to make your own Homemade Nut Milk.
- Use any other plant-based milk instead of almond milk. My favorites are cashew milk, hazelnut milk, or oat milk. You can dilute nut milk with water if you want to have a “lighter” hot chocolate.
- Use coconut sugar or any other sugar instead of dates.
- Add more cinnamon powder or leave it out.
More Winter Drink Recipes
Sharing is Caring
Do you like my recipe? I would love if you leave me a rating or comment. This way I better get to know which recipes you like and can make more of them ? Also, tag me on Instagram @aline_made or #alinemade – I will future all of your delicious food pictures on my account when you made my recipe!
Vegan Hot Chocolate
- 1 cup (240ml) almond milk, or other plant-based milk
- 2 Medjool dates, thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp cacao powder
- 0.5 tsp cinnamon powder
- Take out the stones of the dates and slice them very thin.
- Add all ingredients into a small pot and bring it to the boil. Let it simmer for 10 minutes until the dates are soft.
- Blend your hot chocolate in a mixer or food processor until smooth and creamy.