Read in: Deutsch
Vegan macaroni salad – one of the easiest and most classic pasta salad ever. Macaroni, creamy dressing, and your favorite veggies combined into a delicious salad.
Serving classic macaroni salad with a creamy dressing is essential. Otherwise, you are entirely free on how to prepare it and can make it your own. I am going to show you a flavorful recipe for macaroni salad with plenty of room for recipe variations.
How To Make Macaroni Salad
- Start with cooking the macaroni in boiling salt water al dente.
- Meanwhile, prepare the creamy vegan salad dressing.
- Chop your veggies.
- When the pasta is cooked and drained, leave them to cool down for a few minutes before you mix it with the dressing and veggies.
- Serve the salad or transfer in an airtight container and store in your fridge for up to one day.
Vegan Macaroni Salad Ingredients
- Macaroni – make sure to use pasta made with semolina rather than eggs for a vegan macaroni salad.
- A creamy dressing.
- Veggies of your choice. I will show you my preferred way with tomatoes and carrots.
Macaroni Salad Dressing
If you are not vegan, you can also use this white French dressing recipe.
- Substitute macaroni with penne, farfalle, or fusilli.
- Add veggies of your choice: onion, scallions, bell pepper, cucumber, celery, corn.
- Top it with fresh herbs: basil, parsley, dill, chives.
Vegan Macaroni Salad
- 7 oz (200g) macaroni
- 3 tomatoes chopped
- 2 carrots grated
- ½ cup vegan salad dressing
- Cook the macaroni in boiling salt water until al dente. Drain and let them cool down for a few minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare the vegan salad dressing according to this recipe and prepare the vegetables.
- Mix everything together and serve the salad immediately or store it in an airtight container for up to one day in the fridge.
- Serving size: 4 people as a side dish, 2 people as a main dish.
- Make the salad your own: add your preferred veggies and fresh herbs.