Read in: Deutsch
The best vegan peanut butter chocolate chip cookies – the dream of every peanut butter lover! An easy, quick, and super delicious vegan peanut butter cookie recipe!
Peanut Butter + Chocolate Chips = Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies!
These cookies are chunky with a crispy edge, moist, and filled with melted chocolate pieces – a super delicious sweet dream which is loved both by kids and adults.
Vegan Peanut Butter Cookies
There are so many different cookie variations. Chewy, soft, crispy, moist, thick, thin, with or without chocolate chips – all of them are delicious, but you must probably have one or two favorites. If you are still looking for your favorite vegan cookie recipe, here you go.
This cookie variation with peanut butter is for all peanut butter lovers. The eggless dough is mixed together with peanut butter and is, therefore, particularly creamy with a decent sweet yet salty peanut butter flavor.
If you love peanut butter, these vegan cookies are perfect for you! With every bite, you have this incredible and unique peanut taste in your mouth. They are quite sweet, perfect for a sweet treat in the afternoon, or as a sweet dessert for kids.
Vegan & Eggless Peanut Butter Cookies
This peanut butter cookie recipe is vegan and therefore made without eggs, butter, or milk, which is usually used to make cookies. A lot of vegan cookie recipes call for an egg replacement such as chia seeds, flax eggs, or any other egg replacement.
For your convenience, this recipe doesn’t need any of those egg replacements, so no need to shop special ingredients. The only vegan substitute you need is non-diary butter or margarine and oat milk, but it works with any other plant-based milk too.
If you are on a vegan diet or regularly baking and cooking plant-based recipes, you most probably have those ingredients anyways in your cupboard.
Cookies with Chocolate Chips
The best vegan peanut butter cookies come with melted chocolate pieces.
It doesn’t matter if you are using chocolate chips or a chocolate baking bar. But make sure to choose dark chocolate for this recipe. Most dark chocolate is vegan, as it doesn’t contain any milk or milk powder. But check the ingredient list to be 100% sure.
As it is challenging to find dark and vegan chocolate chips here in Switzerland, I usually use a dark baking chocolate bar and chop it coarsely.
If you use a chocolate bar, make sure you use baking chocolate and not just any regular chocolate bar. Unfortunately, not every chocolate can withstand temperatures above 355°F and therefore gets burned during baking, which you don’t want for your cookies.
Easy Vegan Peanut Butter Cookies Recipe
This recipe is easy and quick to make, even suitable for baking beginners. Plus, no need to cool the cookies in the fridge before baking, which is a huge time saver!
The finished dough is very smooth but sticky, and that’s precisely how it should be. A sticky dough has two advantages:
- You don’t need to form the cookies into balls. The sticky and moist dough forms itself into perfect cookies during baking.
- A moist dough ensures moist, soft, and chewy cookies.
Recipe Tips & Tricks
Chocolate: Stir the chocolate pieces into the dough using a spatula or spoon, don’t use the electric mixer for this step. → Use chocolate chips or a chopped chocolate bar.
Sugar: Make sure to use both white and brown sugar, this combination is essential for perfect cookies.
Form Cookies: Take about 1.5 tablespoons of dough with a spoon and place it on a with parchment paper lined baking sheet. The dough is very sticky, so you best use your fingers or a second spoon to scratch down the dough. What you want are small, ugly piles of dough. They don’t have to be pretty nor formed into balls cause the ugly dough pile forms itself into a pretty round and flat cookie during baking.
Ensure Enough Space: Make sure that there is enough space on the baking sheet between the cookies, as they will flatten and spread out during baking.
Baking: Bake the cookies for about 12 minutes in the preheated oven (355°F/180°C) with circulating air. Start to check after 10 minutes. The cookies are good as soon as they are golden brown, but not too dark.
Cooling: Take the sheet with the cookies out of the oven and leave them for another 5 minutes on the sheet before you transfer them onto a cooling rack. → Hot cookies directly out of the oven break immediately, which would be a shame!
→ Make sure to watch the recipe video to see how to make these peanut butter cookies in less than one minute!
How to store the cookies?
Store them in an airtight container at room temperature.
How long does it keep fresh?
They are best eaten within two days. After that, they start to soften. If you love cookies with a crispy edge, eat them quickly.
More vegan cookie recipes you’ll love:
Did you try this recipe?
I would love it if you leave me a 5-star rating or comment. This way, I better get to know which recipes you like and can make more of them.
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick | 55g) vegan butter or margarine
- 1/4 cup (50g) white sugar
- 2 tbsp (30g) brown sugar or coconut blossom sugar
- 1/4 cup (64g) peanut butter
- 1/8 cup (30g) oat milk, or any plant-based milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/3 (45g) all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup (85g) dark chocolate chips, see notes
- Preheat the oven to 355°F/180°C.
- Mix vegan butter, white & brown sugar for one minute in a bowl using a stand or hand mixer.
- Add peanut butter, oat milk, and vanilla extract and mix for another minute until you have a smooth mixture.
- Add flour, baking powder, and salt and mix until you have a smooth yet sticky dough.
- Add in the chocolate chips and mix using a rubber spatula or spoon.
- With a spoon, take about 1.5 tablespoons of the dough and place it on a with parchment paper lined baking sheet. The dough is very sticky, so you best use your fingers or a second spoon to scratch down the dough. You want to have a small ugly heap of dough, it doesn't need to be pretty or formed into a cookie. The ugly dough pile forms itself into a pretty round and flat cookie during baking.
- Proceed with the rest of the dough and make sure to leave enough space between each cookie, as they will flatten and spread out during baking.
- Bake for 12 minutes in the preheated oven.
- Take the sheet with the cookies out of the oven and leave them on the sheet for 5 minutes before you transfer them on a cooling rack to completely cool → Hot cookies directly out of the oven break immediately!
- Chocolate: You can use chocolate chips or chopped dark baking chocolate.
- Store them in an airtight container at room temperature.
- Keeps fresh: They are best eaten within two days. After that, they start to soften. If you love cookies with a crispy edge, eat them quickly.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 172 Total Fat: 11g Saturated Fat: 6g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 4g Cholesterol: 10mg Sodium: 195mg Carbohydrates: 19g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 2g Sugar: 13g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 2g