Read in: Deutsch
A delicious homemade potato soup made with leek and carrots. This recipe for vegan potato soup is perfect if you are looking for a quick dinner on cold days or a healthy starter made with vegetables.
Favorite Comfort Potato Soup
Is there something better than a homemade potato soup when it’s cold outside and you are craving for a warm dish? For these days this recipe for potato soup is the perfect one to save your day. You only need a few ingredients for this simple and healthy soup recipe.
How To Make Potato Soup?
- Mince onion and garlic and cook it in coconut oil.
- Add roughly chopped potatoes, leek, and carrot and roast for a few minutes.
- Add vegetable broth and let it simmer for 20 minutes.
- Blend the cooked vegetables and season with curry powder, lemon juice, salt, and pepper.
- Serve your vegan potato soup while still hot.
Variation & Tips For This Vegan Potato Soup Recipe
- You can substitute the leek and carrot with other vegetables.
- Top the soup with vegetable cream and fresh herbs.
- If you are living in a single-person household, freeze half of the soup and store it up to a few months. This way you always have a hot soup at home if your body is calling for it.
More Potato and Soup Recipes
Did You Try This Recipe?
I would love it if you leave me a 5-star rating or comment. This way, I better get to know which recipes you like and can make more of them.
Vegan Potato Soup
- Peel and mince the onion and garlic. Peel and roughly chop the potatoes and carrot. Discard the dark green leaves of the leek and cut into rings.
- Heat the coconut oil over medium heat. Add the minced onion and garlic and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the chopped potatoes, leek, and carrots and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Add the vegetable broth and simmer for 20 minutes with the lid closed. Stir occasionally.
- Blend the soup in your mixer until creamy. Season with curry powder, lemon juice, salt, and pepper. You can top your soup with vegan cream and fresh herbs if desired.
- The serving size is for four people as a starter or two as a main dish.
- Add more liquid to the blender if the soup is to thick for your taste.
- Substitute the carrot and leek with other vegetables.