Read in: Deutsch
This refreshing watermelon feta salad is perfect for a hot summer day. Cubed watermelon, feta cheese, and fresh mint make for a delicious combination.
Watermelon Feta Salad with Mint is a particularly aromatic and refreshing summer salad with few calories and lots of vitamins!
It is just so refreshing, juicy, fruity, incredibly delicious, and tastes like pure summer! Plus, it’s very healthy, low in calories, and comes with a good dose of vitamins! Just like this refreshing Mexican Watermelon Water!
The fruity watermelon and the salty feta complement each other perfectly in terms of taste. All it takes is a minimal dressing of olive oil, lime juice, salt, and pepper. Top it with fresh mint leaves and sliced red onion, and you are perfect to go!
I love this salad especially in the summer. You can take it as a side dish to any barbecue, or for a low-calorie snack to your next picnic date. Since it is very light, it also complements high-carb salads very well on any summer potlucks.
Plus, the feta watermelon salad is ready in just 10 minutes! Maybe it will make it to your list of the most popular summer salad, who knows?! 😉
See recipe card for quantities.
- Watermelon → Make sure to use a ripe watermelon and cut it into cubes. You can get a regular one or a seedless watermelon – up to your own preference.
- Feta → The salty note of feta cheese goes especially well with the fruity watermelon aroma. Goat cheese would work too.
- Fresh Mint Leaves → Provide a great freshness and taste.
- Red Onion → Gives bite & flavor. Also works with yellow onion or shallot. If you prefer, you can slice the onion into fine rings instead of chopping it up.
- Olive Oil, Lime Juice, Salt, Pepper → These 4 ingredients make the light watermelon feta salad dressing. Very simple, but it really doesn’t need more. Lime juice can also be replaced with white balsamic vinegar or lemon juice.
Vegan Watermelon Feta Salad
Following a vegan diet? Then you’re not missing out here either! There are two ways to make this watermelon feta mint salad vegan.
- Make your own vegan feta cheese with tofu!
- Buy a vegan feta alternative at the supermarket!
I highly recommend making your own. The recipe is very simple and tastes really delicious. However, be aware that it must be marinated for at least 24 hours. That means you have to prepare the vegan tofu feta at least one day in advance.
Vegan feta alternatives from the supermarket do not taste good to me personally or I have not yet found the right one. 😉 If you have a recommendation, feel free to write it in the comments, other readers are certainly happy about it.
Make-Ahead & Storage Instructions
The watermelon feta salad recipe can be made up to a day in advance and stored in the fridge until needed. Doing this will set the flavors together a little longer but not cause the salad to wilt at all. Personally, I think this salad tastes even better when cold.😉
Store leftovers in a sealed container in the fridge. It will stay fresh for up to 2 days.
More Fruity Summer Salad Recipes
Watermelon Feta Salad
- 2 lb watermelon (Note 1)
- 1 cup (150 g) crumbled feta or vegan feta (Note 2)
- ½ red onion minced
- 4 stalks mint minced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- salt & pepper
- Remove the rind of the watermelon, then cut it into bite-sized pieces. Arrange the watermelon pieces on a large serving platter or salad bowl.
- Arrange minced onion and mint on the watermelon, then crumple feta over the top.
- Drizzle with olive oil and lime juice, season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve as it is (looks beautiful this way) or toss gently.
- Watermelon: Use a watermelon with a weight of around 2-3 pounds (including the rind).
- Feta Vegan Cheese: You are welcome to prepare this recipe with a vegan feta alternative. Here you can find the recipe for vegan feta cheese made from tofu!
- Leftovers: Store leftovers for up to 2 days in an airtight container in the refrigerator.