This wild garlic pasta dough is made with wholemeal spelt flour, which is high in fiber and satisfies your hunger for a longer time than the Italian “00” flour. On top of that is wild garlic considered as an alkaline food and therefore good for your body. Many people think pasta isn’t the most healthy food but made with good and healthy ingredients like this recipe, you can eat it without a bad conscience.
Go an grab the wild garlic for this recipe in your forest, a little walk in the fresh air and you have combined this healthy wild garlic pasta dough with some sport.
Take a whole bag of wild garlic home, and you can not only make this pasta dough but also try out a wild garlic pesto.
Top your cooked wild garlic pasta with olive oil or butter and grated parmesan. Nothing more needed.
Wild Garlic Pasta Dough
- 40 g wild garlic
- 220 g wholemeal spelt flour
- 65 g semolina
- 2 eggs
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- Wash your wild garlic using a salad spinner and chop it very thin.
- Place all ingredients into your kitchen machine and mix it at speed level one for 4 minutes using the K Hook.
- When your dough sticks together, switch to the C-Dough Hook and knead for another 4 minutes at speed level one.
- Form your dough into a ball and wrap with plastic foil. Leave it to rest at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, set up your pasta maker.
- Switch on your kitchen machine to the lowest level and place a little bit of dough inside the pasta maker. Push it down with the long white stick. Always add more dough and push it down. When your first pasta shapes are coming out, you can turn your speed level up to one.
- If your pasta shapes have reached the length you want, cut it with the knife which is attached to the pasta maker. Repeat the procedure until all your dough is used. Don't forget to fill it with new pasta dough and always push it down.
- Bring a big pot of water and salt to boil and cook your pasta for about 5 minutes. The cooking time depends on the pasta shape.