*This post may contain affiliate links.
This winter citrus salad with arugula, avocado, orange, grapefruit, and toasted walnuts is the perfect winter salad!
Fresh, healthy, fruity, juicy, and incredibly delicious – that’s how this winter citrus salad tastes.
Arugula is such a flavorful salad that can be combined fairly well with winter citrus fruits such as a mixture of orange, blood orange, and grapefruit. A combination with the most beautiful winter flavors – more, the vibrant colors of this simple arugula salad work wonders on moody cold days!
Especially the use of sweet oranges and bitter grapefruit gives this winter salad an enormous amount of freshness and provides a good dose of vitamin C. In addition, the bitter substances contained in the grapefruit are very healthy.
Add some finely sliced avocado and toasted walnuts, and here you have such a simple, quick, yet stunning salad! And let me tell you, the mild and fruity dressing made with olive oil, freshly squeezed orange juice, and maple syrup is also whipped up in no time. Win-Win for the whole family! 😉
Feel free to serve this citrus arugula avocado salad as an appetizer or side dish. Since this winter salad is a real eye-catcher, I love to serve it when guests are over. They ARE going to compliment your cooking skills, believe me!
If you are looking for a light main course, toss it with some protein, and you are good to go. I recommend using this vegan feta cheese or a plant-based chicken alternative to serve with.
How to Beautifully Slice Oranges
Do you want your winter salad to look as beautiful as the one in the pictures? Then follow this easy step-by-step instruction with pictures on how to slice oranges, or other citrus fruits, beautifully.
- Generously cut both ends of the oranges with a straight cut.
- Place the orange cut-side down on the cutting board.
- Generously cut away the peels along the orange flesh using a sharp knife (I prefer using a serrated knife). You want to cut away all white parts. → Don’t worry if you cut away too much orange flesh. Squeeze out all excess orange juice from the peel and use it to make the dressing.
- Now place the peeled orange lengthwise on the cutting board and slice in thin, beautiful slices. Done!
More Salad Recipes You’ll Love:
- Fennel Orange Salad
- Celery Root Salad with Apple & Walnuts
- French Lentil Salad with Beet and Feta
- Simple Green Salad
- Kale Salad with Walnuts & Figs
Did You Try This Recipe?
I would love it if you leave me a 5-star rating or comment. This way, I better get to know which recipes you like and can make more of them.
Winter Citrus Salad with Arugula and Avocado
Click on the stars to leave a vote!
- 3.5 oz (100 g) arugula
- 1 avocado
- 1 orange
- 1 blood orange
- 1 grapefruit
- ⅓ cup (30 g) walnuts
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp orange juice
- 1 tsp Maple syrup
- salt & pepper
- Roughly chop and toast the walnuts in a skillet over medium heat until golden brown and fragrant.
- Finely slice the avocado. Peel and slice the oranges and grapefruit. → Press excess orange juice from the peel to use for the dressing.
- In a small bowl, whisk together all dressing ingredients, and season with salt and pepper.
- Arrange arugula, avocado, oranges, and grapefruit on a serving platter. Top with toasted walnuts and drizzle with the dressing.