Vegan Potato Soup
A delicious homemade potato soup made with leek and carrots. This recipe for vegan potato soup is perfect if you are looking for a quick dinner on cold days or a healthy starter made with vegetables.
- 2 tbsp coconut oil or any other oil
- 1 onion minced
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 14 oz (400g) potatoes (~3 potatoes) chopped
- 7 oz (200g) leek (~1 stalk) chopped
- 3.5 oz (100g) carrot (~1 carrot) chopped
- 2.5 cup (600ml) vegetable broth
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- salt & pepper
Peel and mince the onion and garlic. Peel and roughly chop the potatoes and carrot. Discard the dark green leaves of the leek and cut into rings.
Heat the coconut oil over medium heat. Add the minced onion and garlic and cook for 5 minutes.
Add the chopped potatoes, leek, and carrots and cook for another 5 minutes.
Add the vegetable broth and simmer for 20 minutes with the lid closed. Stir occasionally.
Blend the soup in your mixer until creamy. Season with curry powder, lemon juice, salt, and pepper. You can top your soup with vegan cream and fresh herbs if desired.
- The serving size is for four people as a starter or two as a main dish.
- Add more liquid to the blender if the soup is to thick for your taste.
- Substitute the carrot and leek with other vegetables.
Calories: 179kcal | Carbohydrates: 27g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Sodium: 638mg | Potassium: 623mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 5330IU | Vitamin C: 22.6mg | Calcium: 74mg | Iron: 4.6mg