Vegan Mashed Potatoes
This vegan mashed potatoes recipe is the perfect companion for hearty dishes, stews, and much more. Let me show you how to make vegan mashed potatoes at home.
Servings 4 -6
- 2.2 pound (1kg) potatoes Yukon Gold or Russet
- 1 tsp salt
- ⅔ cup (150ml) oat milk or any other plant-based milk
- 3 tbsp (45g) plant-based butter
- ¼ nutmeg powder
- salt & pepper to taste
Peel and wash the potatoes thoroughly. Cut in equal big chunks.
Place the potatoes in a large pot and cover with water. Add the salt and cook for 15-20 minutes until the potatoes are soft. They are ready when you can stick a knife into the middle of the potatoes without any noticeable resistance.
Drain the potatoes and leave them to sit for 5 minutes until the steam has evaporated.
Heat the butter and milk in a small pot or microwave (should be hot but not cooking).
Transfer the hot potatoes in the bowl of a stand mixer and mash for one minute using the flat beater.
Pour in the warm butter-milk-mixture and mash for another minute until you have fluffy mashed potatoes.
Season with salt, pepper, and nutmeg powder and serve warm.
- The more mil kand butter you add, the fluffier the mashed poatoes becomes. But don't turn it into an unhealthy fat bomb!
- Don't have a stand mixer? Use a potato masher. Transfer the hot poatoes back to the pot in which you cooked them in. Mash them using the potato masher and slowly add the butter-milk-mixture until you have fluffy mashed potatoes.
Calories: 242kcal | Carbohydrates: 35g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Sodium: 724mg | Potassium: 1050mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 460IU | Vitamin C: 28.5mg | Calcium: 135mg | Iron: 8.4mg