Roasted Fall Vegetables (with Pumpkin)
The easiest recipe for roasted fall vegetables! This oven-roasted pumpkin combined with other delicious fall vegetables needs minimal preparation time and can be adjusted to your taste.
- 10.5 oz (300g) pumpkin cut into chunks
- 1 (~10.5 oz | 300g) sweet potato peeled and cut into chunks
- 1 cup (150g) cherry tomatoes
- ½ cup (80g) kalamata olives
- 3 cloves garlic peeled and crushed
- 2 shallots peeled and quartered
- ¼ cup (50g) olive oil
- ½ lemon only juice
- 1 tsp dried sage or fresh sage
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
Preheat the oven to 390°F/200°C.
Wash the pumpkin. Cut in half and scrape out the seeds using a spoon. Cut into bite-size chunks. *see notes
Prepare all the other veggies.
Place all ingredients, except the tomatoes and olives, on a baking pan, sheet pan, or a with parchment-paper lined baking tray. Toss to coat all the veggies.
Bake it for 20 minutes in the preheated oven. Flip after 10 minutes.
After 20 minutes, add in the tomatoes and olives.
Bake for another 20 minutes until the veggies are tender. Flip after 10 minutes.
Serve it as a healthy dinner or side dish.
- No need to peel if you are using a Red Kuri Squash (Hokkaido). Every other pumpkin must be peeled first.
- Make this dish your own and adapt the vegetables according to your taste. It's delicious with all kind of root vegetables.
- Omit the olives if you don't like them.
- Garlic has a mild taste when roasted and can be eaten with the veggies. Discard if you don't like whole roasted garlic cloves.
- How long does it stay fresh? If you store it in an airtight container in the refrigerator, it stays fresh for 3 days.
Serving: 1g | Calories: 256kcal | Carbohydrates: 25g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 17g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 14g | Sodium: 447mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 14g