White French Dressing
Homemade French Dressing - With egg yolk, oil, vinegar, onions, garlic, and mustard. Goes with every salad or dipped with bread.
Servings 16 portions (~500ml dressing)
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 onion minced
- ⅓ cup + 1tbsp (100ml) vegetable broth
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tbsp mustard
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp sugar
- ⅓ cup + 1tbsp (100ml) apple cider vinegar
- ¼ cup (50ml) olive oil
- 1 cup (200ml) sunflower oil or canola oil
- 0.5 tsp salt
Peel and mince the garlic and onion. Cook it with the vegetable broth in a small pot for 10 minutes. The veggies should be soft and the liquid reduced to about the half. Pour it into a bowl and let it cool down for 5 minutes.
Blend it with the egg yolk, mustard, lemon juice, and sugar in an electric mixer/food processor until smooth.
Add the vinegar and oil and blend it until the color has changed from light yellow to white. Season it with salt and pepper.
Store your white French dressing for up to one week in your fridge.
- Add fresh herbs to your French dressing.
- You can use this dressing for all kind of green salads, pasta salad, rice salad. Whatever salad you like the most!
Calories: 51kcal | Carbohydrates: 1g | Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 12mg | Sodium: 107mg | Potassium: 14mg | Vitamin A: 30IU | Vitamin C: 0.9mg | Calcium: 3mg | Iron: 0.1mg