Homemade Nut Milk
Homemade nut milk is easy to make and a great vegan milk alternative. Let me show you how to make nut milk at home using almonds, cashew nuts, or hazelnuts.
Servings 1 liter (¼ gallon)
- 100 g nuts (¾ cup)
- 1 liter cold water (4 cups)
Soak the nuts overnight in cold water.
The next morning, rinse the nuts and blend them with one-liter water in a high-speed mixer until smooth.
Pour your nut milk through a nut milk bag and squeeze until no liquid is left. Make sure to use a large enough bowl as this can get a bit messy.
Store your fresh homemade nut milk in the fridge and drink within two days.
- Cashew Milk Recipe: Use 100g cashews(¾ cup) with one-liter (4 cups) water.
- Almond Milk Recipe: Use 100g almonds (¾ cup) with one-liter (4 cups) water.
- Hazelnut Milk Recipe: Use 100g hazelnuts (¾ cup) with one-liter (4 cups) water.
- Flavored Nut Milk: Add 1 tbsp coconut sugar, 1 tsp vanilla, and ½ tsp salt.
- Use the nut pulp for other delicious recipes or make nut flour out of it.
Calories: 594kcal | Carbohydrates: 25g | Protein: 17g | Fat: 51g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Sodium: 62mg | Potassium: 597mg | Fiber: 9g | Calcium: 100mg | Iron: 3.7mg