Vegan Linzer Cookies
Delicious vegan Linzer cookies filled with raspberry jam! These jam sandwich cookies are one of the most popular Swiss Vegan Christmas cookies!
Servings 30 -40 cookies
Mix flour, sugar, vanilla sugar, and lemon zest in a bowl.
Add the butter and oat milk and mix using a stand mixer or hand mixer, until you have a smooth and well-combined dough.
Form into a ball or disc (using your hands), wrap with plastic wrap, and store for one hour in the refrigerator.
Cutting, Baking, Filling
Preheat the oven to 355°F/180°C.
Place the dough on a floured surface and roll out, using a rolling pin, to about 0.2 inch (0.5 cm) thin.
Cut out Linzer cookies using a Linzer cookie cutter (*see recommended products). Make sure that you have an equal amount of bottom and top cookies.
Transfer on a with parchment paper lined baking sheet and bake it for 8-10 minutes in the preheated oven. They are good as soon as the rim is lightly browned.
Place them on a cooling rack to cool completely before filling them, which takes about 30 minutes.
Using a spoon or knife, spread about 1/2 tsp jam on each bottom cookie, and slightly press the lid cookie on top.
Sprinkle with powdered sugar before serving.
- The amount of finished cookies varies on how thin you roll out the dough. You will get anywhere between 30-40 cookies.
- Vanilla Sugar: Vanilla sugar is a very common Swiss baking product. If you don't have vanilla sugar, substitute it with: 1 tbsp granulated sugar + 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Jam: The traditional recipe calls for red currant jam. However, I prefer to use raspberry jam. Choose any red berry jam you like the most.
- Store them in an airtight container at room temperature.
- Keeps fresh for a good week. But once filled with jam, they start to soften very quickly. If you love them crispy, store the cookies in an airtight container and only fill them with jam right before serving!
Serving: 1g | Calories: 72kcal | Carbohydrates: 14g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 3mg | Sodium: 15mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 5g