Lemon Ginger Turmeric Tea
This warming and healing Lemon Ginger Turmeric Tea is the perfect companion throughout winter! It’s pleasant, delicious and anti-inflammatory.
- 4 cups water
- 1 lemon in slices
- 2 inch turmeric in slices
- 1 inch ginger in slices
- 1 cinnamon stick
- a pinch cracked black pepper for the bioavailability of the turmeric
- 1 tbsp maple syrup agave nectar, or date syrup
Bring a small pot with the water to the boil.
Add the lemon, turmeric, ginger, and cinnamon stick. Pop on the lid and let it simmer for 5 minutes over low heat.
Pour the hot tea through a fine-mesh sieve and sweeten with maple syrup.
Enjoy your lemon ginger turmeric tea while hot!
- Turmeric: Be careful, turmeric has a very aggressive yellow color, which is very difficult to clean if it comes in contact with your clothes!
- Pepper: The black pepper helps with the bioavailability of the turmeric.
- Sweetness: Adjust the sweetness to your taste.
- Lemon: If you prefer, you can juice the lemon and add it right before serving instead of cooking the lemon slices with the tea. I love to cook it with the tea as the lemon rind (make sure it's an organic lemon) adds some extra flavor!
Recipe Variation with ground spices (if you don't have fresh ingredients at hand):
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- The rest of the recipe remains the same!
Serving: 1g | Calories: 27kcal | Carbohydrates: 6g | Sodium: 12mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 3g