Vegan Hazelnut Slice & Bake Cookies
Quick and easy vegan hazelnut cookies recipe! If you love chocolate and hazelnuts, those vegan slice and bake cookies are your best friend!
Servings 30 Cookies
Mix vegan butter and sugar for one minute in a bowl using a stand or hand mixer.
Add the flour, hazelnuts, and salt and mix for another minute until it resembles coarse breadcrumbs.
Use your hands to knead the crumbly mixture into a smooth dough and form into one or two ropes. Wrap them with plastic wrap and refrigerate for one hour. *see notes
Preheat your oven to 355°F/180°C.
Take the logs out of the refrigerator, cut them into 1/2 inch (1cm) slices using a sharp knife, and transfer them on a with parchment paper lined baking sheet.
Bake for 12-14 minutes in the preheated oven, until the edges are golden brown. Allow cookies to cool completely on the baking sheet.
Melt the chocolate chips over a water bath or in the microwave.
Dip each cookie halfway into the melted chocolate and place on a cooling rack or on parchment paper until the chocolate has hardened. You can speed up this process by placing them in the fridge.
- Cooling Time: If you are in a hurry, chill the dough for 15 minutes in the freezer instead of 1 hour in the refrigerator. Chilled dough is much easier to slice.
- Store them in an airtight container at room temperature.
- Keeps fresh for 3 days.
- Make-Ahead: You can store the cookie dough logs for up to a few days in the refrigerator or freezer. If stored in the freezer, let them thaw for a while in the refrigerator and then continue with step 4.
- Sugar: Unrefined natural cane sugar is much healthier and contains more nutrients than refined cane sugar. It also gives the cookies a decent caramel note. It can be substituted with brown sugar.
- Hazelnuts: You can either use hazelnut meal or whole hazelnuts. If you use whole hazelnuts, roast them for 5 minutes in a skillet and coarsely chop or pulse in a blender.
Serving: 1g | Calories: 91kcal | Carbohydrates: 9g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 8mg | Sodium: 45mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 4g