Vegan Broccoli Potato Soup
This creamy vegan broccoli potato soup is the perfect healthy and light meal during winter! It's bursting with flavor, quick and easy to prepare, and loaded with vegetables! The best winter comfort food!
Servings 2 -4
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion peeled & minced
- 1 clove garlic peeled & minced
- 2 potatoes cubed
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup broccoli florets finely chopped
- 1/2 cup plant-based milk see notes
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast optional
- 1/2 tbsp lemon juice
- black pepper & salt to taste
Wash the potatoes thoroughly and chop in 1/2-1 inch cubes.
Heat a large pot with olive oil. Add the onion and garlic and saute for 3 minutes.
Add the potatoes and vegetable broth, pop on the lid, and let it simmer for 10 minutes.
Blend the soup until smooth using a blender or immersion blender.
Add broccoli florets and plant-based milk and let it simmer for another 5 minutes.
Season with nutritional yeast, lemon juice, salt, and pepper.
- Creamy Soup Variation: If you prefer this soup altogether creamy, blend until smooth after step 5.
- Potatoes: You don't need to peel them if using organic potatoes, but make sure to wash them thoroughly.
- Broccoli: Make sure to chop them very finely. I find it a bit cumbersome to eat this soup if the broccoli comes in too large pieces.
- Nutritional Yeast: Adds a slightly cheesy flavor and thickens the soup a little. Omit if you don't have it at hand.
- Plant-based milk: Any dairy-free milk works well for this recipe. Simply use the one you have in your fridge anyway. I used oat milk.
- Make-Ahead: Keeps fresh for 3 days. Store it in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
- Freeze: Can be frozen for up to 3 months. Thaw it directly in a pot over medium heat.
Calories: 96kcal | Carbohydrates: 18g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 3mg | Sodium: 511mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 3g