Roasted Carrot Soup
This simple Vegan Roasted Carrot Soup Recipe with orange is absolutely bursting with flavor! The best Winter Comfort Food for all soup fans!
- 1 lb carrots peeled & cut into 1-inch (2.54 cm) chunks
- ½ cup cherry tomatoes
- 1 orange peeled & quartered
- 1 onion peeled & quartered
- 2 cloves garlic peeled & crushed
- ½ lemon only juice
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ½ tbsp chipotle in adobo sauce I use this from Mexico, optional → see notes*
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground paprika
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- ¼ tsp ground nutmeg
Preheat the oven to 395°F/200°C.
Place all the ingredients into a large baking dish and toss well. Roast it for 30 minutes in the preheated oven, stirring every 10 minutes.
Take it out of the oven and let it cool for 15 minutes.
Place the slightly cooled roasted vegetables with the vegetable broth and cashew milk in a blender and blend until smooth. Season with more salt and pepper if desired.
The soup should have the perfect serving temperature. If you prefer your soup very hot, heat it up in the microwave or in a large pot over the stove before serving.
Heat a skillet with olive oil.
Add the bread cubes and Italian herbs and roast for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until golden.
Set aside and serve with the soup.
- Make-Ahead: Keeps fresh for 3 days. Store it in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
- Freeze: Can be frozen for up to 3 months. Thaw it directly in a pot over medium heat.
- Chipotle in Adobo Sauce: I love adding this to roasted vegetables, It gives them a very flavourful and somewhat spicy taste. Omit if you don’t have it or substitute with 1 tsp sriracha/sambal oelek, or any other chili sauce you have at home.
Serving: 1g | Calories: 211kcal | Carbohydrates: 32g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 7g | Sodium: 1106mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 16g