Homemade Vegetable Soup
The best homemade vegetable soup with cabbage - at least it's my personal favorite! This easy vegetable soup recipe is quick to prepare, warming, and super healthy!
Servings 2 -4
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 garlic clove minced
- ½ small onion finely chopped
- 3 cups chopped mixed vegetables I used: 1 tomato, 1 potato, ⅓ zucchini, 3 leaves cabbage
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1-2 cups water
- 1 tbsp chipotle peppers in adobo sauce minced or pureed, optional
- 1 tsp lemon juice
Heat a large pot with olive oil.
Add minced garlic and onion and sauté for a few minutes until translucent.
Add chopped vegetables and stir fry for one minute.
Pour in vegetable broth, close the lid, and let it simmer for 15 minutes.
Dilute with 1-2 cups of water (depending on how thin you like your soup) and season with chipotle and lemon juice.
- Vegetables: This soup is widely variable and can be made with almost any vegetables. I used 1 tomato, 1 potato, ⅓ zucchini, 3 leaves cabbage! Make sure to chop the vegetables in small cubes. See blog post with the list of all vegetables you can use to make this veggie soup.
- Chipotle: The use of chipotle is optional. If you have it at home, awesome, if not, don’t bother. It’s my little secret ingredient to spice up any bland soup! Chipotle goes so well with this vegetable soup and adds a fantastic smoky flavor and a mild zest.
- How long does it keep fresh? You can store the soup refrigerated for at least 3-4 days, or frozen for up to 3 months
Calories: 267kcal | Carbohydrates: 44g | Protein: 10g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 1171mg | Potassium: 619mg | Fiber: 12g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 14738IU | Vitamin C: 32mg | Calcium: 75mg | Iron: 3mg