Creamy Lentil Soup
This creamy red lentil soup is one of the easiest lentil soup recipes ever! It is super easy, healthy, rich in protein, and especially suitable as a light lunch or dinner! The best Winter Comfort Food for all hearty soup fans!
Servings 2 -4
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 onion peeled & minced
- 1 clove garlic peeled & minced
- 1 carrot peeled & roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup red lentils
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- salt & black pepper to taste
Heat a large pot with oil.
Add onion, garlic, and carrots and sauté for 5 minutes.
Add the red lentils and sauté for another minute while constantly stirring.
Pour in the vegetable broth, pop on the lid, and let it simmer for 10 minutes.
Blend the soup until smooth using an immersion mixer or blender. Add 1-2 cups of water until the soup has the desired consistency.
Season with lemon juice, salt, and black pepper. If you like, add 1/8 cup of this cashew cream, dairy-free cream or milk.
- Red Lentils: You can use a mix of different lentils rather than only red ones. Use 1/4 cup red lentils and 1/4 cup green or black (beluga) lentils.
- Carrot: Omit if you don't have a carrot at hand.
- Make-Ahead: Keeps fresh for 3 days. Store it in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
- Freeze: Can be frozen for up to 3 months. Thaw it directly in a pot over medium heat.
Calories: 83kcal | Carbohydrates: 10g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 4g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 3g | Sodium: 545mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 3g