Vegan Feta Cheese
An easy recipe for the most delicious vegan feta cheese ever! This Tofu Feta is bursting with flavor and an excellent dairy-free alternative to the original Greek Cheese!
Wrap the feta in a paper towel and slightly press to remove excess moisture. → Or use a tofu press.
Cut the tofu into cubes.
Add the herbs, spices, and garlic in a pint mason jar (160z/500ml). Pour in ⅔ of the olive oil and stir well.
Add the tofu, close the lid, and shake well. Pour over the rest of the olive oil until the tofu is fully covered.
Store it for at least 24 hours on the top shelf (where it’s the least cold) in the refrigerator. It will taste better 2 or 3 days later.
- Olive Oil: You might not need to use an entire cup of olive oil. Therefore, start with only ⅔ cup and add more to cover.
- Herbs: If you don’t have all the herbs at home, feel free to substitute them with two tablespoons of Italian seasoning.
- Storing: It’s best to store it on the top shelf in the refrigerator where it’s the least cold. Olive oil gets cloudy and solidifies if it’s too cold. This does not alter the taste or quality at all but can be prevented if stored as recommended. If the olive oil solidified, nevertheless, leave it to liquify for 30 minutes before serving.
- How long does it keep fresh? Eat the tofu feta within a week.
- Leftover olive oil: As you are only going to eat the tofu cubes, not the olive oil, you will end up with quite a lot of olive oil. But don’t freak out just yet. This marinated olive oil with all the herbs and spices has such a wonderful flavor and is excellent to use for salad dressings or to marinate a second round of vegan feta cheese.
Calories: 170kcal | Carbohydrates: 3g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 16g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Sodium: 589mg | Potassium: 13mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 93IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 99mg | Iron: 2mg