Greek Pasta Salad
Greek pasta salad is the perfect summer salad! It's fresh, delicious, easy to make, and a real crowd pleaser!
- 7 oz pasta fusilli, bow tie, or pasta of choice
- 1 large tomato chopped
- ½ cucumber seeded & chopped
- ¼ bell pepper color of choice, diced
- ½ cup Kalamata olives pitted & halved
- ½ small red onion finely chopped
- ½ cup Italian Parsley flat-leaf, finely chopped
Cook the pasta according to the packet instructions in boiling salt water until al dente. Drain, toss with some olive oil if desired, and set aside to cool for 15 minutes.
Meanwhile, chop the vegetables and mix all ingredients for the dressing in a small bowl.
Combine everything in a large serving bowl and toss until well combined.
- Seed Cucumber: Cucumbers contain a large amount of water which can make a salad watery and therefore bland. To avoid that, seed the cucumber prior to chopping it. The easiest way to seed a cucumber is if you spoon out the seeds using a small spoon (preferably with sharp edges).
- Olives: Kalamata olives are one of the best and most flavorful olives you can get. Feel free to substitute with other olives you like. I always buy them pitted. No need to wash the olives, the saltiness ads some extra flavor.
- Salad Variations: Add chopped sun-dried tomatoes or chopped/crumbled feta cheese. Use this vegan tofu feta cheese to make it vegan.
- Leftovers & Make Ahead: This salad can be stored for up to two days in the fridge. Store it in an airtight container and let it sit for 30 minutes at room temperature before serving.
Calories: 366kcal | Carbohydrates: 44g | Protein: 8g | Fat: 18g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Sodium: 293mg | Potassium: 347mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 1411IU | Vitamin C: 28mg | Calcium: 50mg | Iron: 2mg