Healthy & Quick No Yeast Bread
This healthy and quick no yeast bread is made and baked within one hour! A recipe for all who love healthy homemade bread but have little time for baking.
Servings 8 (1 Loaf)
Preheat the oven to 390°F (200°C).
Add flour, baking powder, salt, seeds, and nuts in a large bowl and mix using a spoon.
Pour in apple cider vinegar and sparkling water and stir until just combined (you don't have to knead this bread).
Grease a 10inch (25cm) loaf pan with one tablespoon oil and pour in the wet dough. Sprinkle with rolled oats (optional).
Bake for 50 minutes. Let it cool on a rack for 5 minutes, take out of the loaf pan, and wait until cool before slicing.
- Seeds & Nuts: Mix and match whatever seeds and nuts you like or have at hand. I love this mixture:
- ¼ cup sesame seeds (35g)
- ¼ cup pumpkin seeds (35g)
- 2 tbsp poppy seeds (10g)
- ⅓ cup almonds, hazelnuts, or walnuts (35g)
- Sparkling Water: Helps to activate the baking powder and makes the bread fluffier! Don't worry if you only have tap water, it works too.
- Flour: You can choose 2 cups of whole-grain spelt flour, whole grain rye flour, or whole wheat flour, or a mixture of those three. This bread recipe is highly adjustable.
- Keeps fresh for 2 days if packed in a tea towel.
- Or freeze half of the bread right after baking for up to 3 months. → You can slice the bread before freezing and thaw single slices in the toaster.
Calories: 267kcal | Carbohydrates: 38g | Protein: 8g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 304mg | Potassium: 257mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 153mg | Iron: 4mg