Vegan Tofu Bacon
Making vegan tofu bacon from scratch has never been easier! Tofu bacon is a smoky and utterly delicious vegan bacon alternative you can easily make at home!
Cover the tofu in a paper towel and press to remove excess water (or use a tofu press). Slice the tofu very thin, and place the slices in a deep bowl, baking dish, or tupperware.
Mix all the ingredients for the marinade in a small bowl. Pour over the tofu and let it marinate for at least 15 minutes. → Feel free to marinate the tofu overnight in the fridge.
Preheat the oven to 355°F (180°C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and place the tofu slices in a single layer on it. Drizzle with half of the remaining marinade.
Bake for 20 minutes. Take the baking sheet out of the oven, gently flip the tofu using two forks, drizzle with the remaining marinade and bake for another 15 minutes until very dark brown.
Use the warm tofu bacon to make vegan BLT sandwiches or to substitute bacon in any of your preferred recipes. → Tofu bacon can be enjoyed warm or cold.
- Leftovers can be stored for up to two days in the fridge
- It's enough to make 4 BLT Sandwiches. The recipe can easily be doubled.
- Don't worry if you don't have exactly 9 oz tofu. You can prepare the recipe with a little less or more tofu.
- Liquid Smoke is essential for a smoky bacon taste and can't be replaced!
- Gluten-Free Tofu Bacon? Use Tamari, also known as gluten-free soy sauce.
Calories: 118kcal | Carbohydrates: 6g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Sodium: 815mg | Potassium: 150mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 246IU | Calcium: 28mg | Iron: 1mg