Healthy Vegan Pumpkin Bread with Streusel
Probably one of the best healthy vegan pumpkin bread recipes with streusel topping ever! And it’s so damn easy to make!
Servings 10 Slices
Whisk the pumpkin puree, coconut oil, and maple syrup in a large bowl. Add the spelt flour, baking powder, all the spices, and salt, mix until just combined.
Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan. Sprinkle with streusel.
Bake for 40 minutes in the preheated oven. → The bread is done when a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
Remove the bread from the oven and let it cool in the pan on a wire rack for at least 30 minutes before slicing.
- Do you love chocolate? Make this Vegan Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bread Recipe.
- This is a healthy pumpkin bread with only a little sugar, thus less sweet than regular pumpkin bread! Feel free to spread it with maple syrup, nut butter, jam, or a spread of your choice to make it sweeter!
- Store leftover bread in an airtight container or wrapped in aluminum foil at room temperature for up to 3 days, or in the fridge for up to a week.
- Freeze: Once cool, transfer the bread into a freezer bag and freeze for a maximum of 3 months. Allow to thaw in the fridge overnight, or rebake frozen bread for a few minutes in the oven. → Defrosting is even faster if you freeze the bread already sliced so that you can defrost single slices at room temperature.
- Large family? This recipe makes a small pumpkin bread. You are welcome to double the recipe quantity. If so, you might need to bake it for a little longer or use two loaf pans.
- Flour: This healthy pumpkin bread is made with spelt flour, which is generally better tolerated than wheat flour. However, feel free to use the flour of your choice or even make it gluten-free using gluten-free flour (gluten-free 1-to-1 baking flour).
Calories: 160kcal | Carbohydrates: 20g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Sodium: 83mg | Potassium: 106mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 2968IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 39mg | Iron: 1mg