Caprese Pasta Salad
Caprese pasta salad with tomatoes, mozzarella, and basil is the perfect summer salad! It's fresh, delicious, easy to make, and a real crowd pleaser!
- 7 oz Orecchiette or pasta of choice
- 9 oz cherry tomatoes halved
- 5 oz mini mozzarella balls or fresh mozzarella in bite-sized pieces
- ½ bunch fresh basil chopped
Cook pasta according to the packet instructions in boiling salt water until al dente. Drain, toss with some olive oil if desired, and set aside to cool for 15 minutes.
Meanwhile, mix all ingredients for the dressing in a small bowl.
Combine everything in a large serving bowl and toss until well combined. Season to taste with salt and pepper! Optional: Drizzle with balsamic glaze.
- Make-Ahead: This salad can be made up to one day in advance. Store it in the refrigerator until 30 minutes before serving.
- Keeps fresh for 3 days. Store it in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
- Low FODMAP: This recipe (1 portion a day) is suitable for a low FODMAP diet IF you swap pasta with gluten-free pasta.
Calories: 388kcal | Carbohydrates: 42g | Protein: 14g | Fat: 19g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 13mg | Sodium: 342mg | Potassium: 265mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 366IU | Vitamin C: 15mg | Calcium: 150mg | Iron: 1mg