Panzanella Salad - Italian bread salad with crusty bread, fresh tomatoes, cucumber, and a simple Italian dressing!
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp dried italian herbs
- 2 slices bread (approx. 7oz) in mouth-sized pieces
- 1 ⅓ cup cherry tomatoes halved OR 1-2 tomatoes, diced
- ½ cucumber diced
- 1 shallot sliced
- ½ bunch fresh basil in strips or coarsely chopped
Heat a skillet over medium heat with olive oil. Add dried herbs and bread pieces, toast for 10 minutes until golden brown and crispy.
Mix all ingredients for the dressing in a small bowl and seson to taste with salt and pepper.
Combine everything in a large serving bowl and toss until well combined.
- Bread: This recipe is perfect to use leftover bread from the day before!
Calories: 255kcal | Carbohydrates: 14g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 22g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g | Monounsaturated Fat: 15g | Trans Fat: 1g | Sodium: 82mg | Potassium: 228mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 332IU | Vitamin C: 13mg | Calcium: 46mg | Iron: 1mg