Homemade Iced Tea
A refreshing homemade iced tea recipe for summer - make it at home and serve it over ice! Kids love it too!
- 2 cups (480ml) boiling water
- 4 tea bags black tea
- 2 tea bags rose hip tea or hibiscus tea, red tea bags
- 2 cups (480ml) cold water
- ⅛ cup (30g) granulated sugar use up to ½ cup sugar
- 2 lemons only juice
- ice cubes
Steep the tea bags for 5 minutes in boiling water and discard them afterward. Pour it into a 1-liter glass bottle or large jug.
Add the cold water, juice of two lemons, and granulated sugar. Stir until dissolved.
Leave it for one hour on your countertop to cool down. Store if for 2-3 hours in your fridge until properly chilled.
Serve over ice.
- Use ⅛ cup up to ½ cup sugar, according to your taste or leave out the sugar completely. ⅛ cup sugar = slightly sour | ¼ cup sugar = sweet | ½ cup sugar = very sweet.
- Substitute the granulated sugar with agave nectar or coconut sugar.
- Leave out rosehip tea if you don't have it at home.
- To preserve the Vitamin C from the lemons, add the lemon juice only after you added the cold water.
Calories: 40kcal | Carbohydrates: 11g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 14mg | Potassium: 75mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 8g | Vitamin C: 28.6mg | Calcium: 22mg | Iron: 0.3mg