Vegan Pumpkin Alfredo Pasta
New Fall Favorite: Vegan Pumpkin Alfredo Pasta! It's dairy-free, nut-free, incredibly creamy, and simple to make.
- 7 oz fettuccine or pasta of choice
- 2 tbsp olive oil or dairy-free butter
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 4 leaves sage finely chopped
- ½ cup pumpkin puree
- 1 cup dairy-free milk I used soy milk
- ½ tbsp cornstarch
- 1-2 tbsp nutritional yeast or dairy-free cheese, optional
- ¼ - ½ tsp salt
- black pepper to taste
- ⅛ tsp ground nutmeg
- a pinch ground cayenne pepper
Cook pasta in a large pot of boiling salt water until al dente (or slightly undercooked - see notes). Take out a scoop of pasta water, then drain pasta over a sieve.
Heat a skillet with olive oil. Add minced garlic and sage, sauté for 3 minutes until fragrant.
Mix dairy-free milk and cornstarch in a bowl and add it with the pumpkin puree to the skillet. Cook while stirring constantly until slightly thickened (approx. 5 minutes).
Season to taste with nutritional yeast (optional), salt, pepper, nutmeg, and cayenne pepper. → Feel free to add a pinch of ground cinnamon.
Add drained pasta and toss for one minute! Thin the sauce with pasta water if desired!
- Pumpkin Puree: Make your own following this Homemade Pumpkin Puree Recipe!
- Keeps fresh for 3 days. Store it in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
- Gluten-Free: Regular pasta can be replaced with gluten-free pasta (I love Barilla's Gluten-Free Fettuccine).
- If you love your pasta al dente, slightly undercook them as they tend to soften a little when tossed with the pumpkin sauce.
Calories: 606kcal | Carbohydrates: 84g | Protein: 20g | Fat: 21g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 4g | Monounsaturated Fat: 12g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 83mg | Sodium: 375mg | Potassium: 623mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 10058IU | Vitamin C: 12mg | Calcium: 224mg | Iron: 4mg