Roasted Vegetable Pasta Salad
This recipe for roasted vegetable pasta salad calls for fresh, colorful, and roasted vegetables and puts a twist on traditional pasta salad.
- 10.5 oz pasta of choice
- 1 red onion sliced
- 1 bell pepper yellow or orange, diced
- 1 zucchini sliced
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- salt & pepper
- 1 tbsp fresh basil chopped
Preheat oven to 390°F (200°C).
Finely slice onion, dice bell pepper, and cut zucchini into slices. Place the vegetables together with the minced garlic, 2 tbsp olive oil, a pinch of salt and pepper on a baking sheet. Toss well to combine.
Bake for 25 minutes, turning twice.
In the meantime, cook pasta according to the packet instructions in boiling salt water until al dente. Drain over a sieve and don't forget to set 2 tbsp of pasta water aside.
Combine all of the dressing ingredients in a glass jar and shake well or whisk them together in a small bowl.
In a large bowl, toss warm pasta, roasted vegetables, and dressing. Let it sit until cold. → Tossing the ingredients with the dressing while still warm lets them soak up the dressing better, thus resulting in a more flavorful salad.
Season to taste with salt, pepper, and fresh basil leaves. → I love to mix the salad with a little of the set-aside pasta water to prevent it from getting too dry.
- Vegetables: Can be varied to your taste. You should use a total of about 1.7 lb (750g) vegetables.
Cheese: Tasted delicious with shaved parmesan cheese or crumbled feta on top for extra protein.
- Topping: Drizzle the salad with balsamic cream or top it with toasted pine nuts for a change.
- Make-Ahead: This salad can be made up to a day in advance and stored in the fridge until needed. Hint: I like to take it out of the fridge about 30 minutes before serving!
- Leftovers can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Calories: 328kcal | Carbohydrates: 65g | Protein: 12g | Fat: 2g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 18mg | Potassium: 539mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 1349IU | Vitamin C: 63mg | Calcium: 41mg | Iron: 2mg