Thai Cucumber Salad
A spicy Thai cucumber salad with roasted peanuts and fresh cilantro. My personal interpretation of the famous Thai papaya salad if you don't have papaya.
- 4 tbsp unsalted peanuts (~40g) chopped & roasted
- 4 tbsp fresh cilantro chopped
- 1 cucumber
- 2 carrots
Roughly chop the peanuts and roast them in a pan until golden. Roughly chop the cilantro, and set aside.
Peel the cucumber and carrot. Cut them into long julienne strips using a julienne peeler. Stop making julienne strips if you reach the seeds of the cucumber, they are too watery to use in the salad.
Mix the julienne strips with the sauce and top it with the roasted peanuts and cilantro. You can serve the Thai cucumber salad right away or store it in your fridge for up to one day.
- The serving is for 2 people as a light main dish or for 4 people as a starter.
- You can add more garlic if desired.
- You can eat the cilantro with the steam, don't only use the leaves.
- Top it with fresh chili pepper rings if you like it extra spicy.
Calories: 246kcal | Carbohydrates: 23g | Protein: 9g | Fat: 15g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Sodium: 311mg | Potassium: 593mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 10g | Vitamin A: 10355IU | Vitamin C: 13.4mg | Calcium: 57mg | Iron: 1.3mg