Creamy Sun-Dried Tomato Pasta
This vegan creamy sun-dried tomato pasta comes with the most delicious sun-dried tomato flavor and a creamy sauce that will leave you feeling satisfied.
- 7 oz pasta I love rigatoni
- 2 tbsp oil from the sun-dried tomatoes or olive oil
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 small white onion chopped in rings
- ½ cup sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil chopped or sliced
- ¾ cup chopped cherry tomatoes or 1 chopped tomato
- ½ cup dairy-free cream or 5 tablespoons homemade cashew cream (add ½ cup pasta water if making the recipe with cashew cream)
- ¼ tsp salt or more to taste
Cook pasta in a large pot of boiling salt water until al dente. Drain over a sieve.
Heat a skillet with oil (I love to use the oil in which the sun-dried tomatoes are packed in - adds a beautiful flavor). Add garlic and onion, sauté for 5 minutes over medium heat until soft and fragrant. Add sun-dried tomatoes and cherry tomatoes, cook for another 5 minutes over low to medium heat.
Stir in dairy-free cream. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Add drained pasta and toss for one minute!
- Keeps fresh for 3 days. Store it in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
- Gluten-Free: Regular pasta can be replaced with gluten-free pasta.
- Dairy-Free Cream – instead of dairy-free heavy cream, you can make your own vegan cashew cream. See the recipe video for this variation!
Calories: 658kcal | Carbohydrates: 93g | Protein: 16g | Fat: 25g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 3g | Monounsaturated Fat: 17g | Sodium: 425mg | Potassium: 945mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 12g | Vitamin A: 637IU | Vitamin C: 44mg | Calcium: 56mg | Iron: 3mg