This mushroom rice recipe is simple to make and deserves to be called a one pot vegan meal. Rice and mushroom is a wonderful combination and can be enjoyed as a delightful dinner.
- 2 tbsp coconut oil or other oil
- 2 onions minced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 4 cups (300g) mushroom in strips
- 1 cup (180g) long grain rice
- 2 cups (480ml) vegetable broth
- 2 tbsp plant-based butter vegetarian: butter
- salt & pepper
Peel and mince the onion and garlic. Slice the mushrooms.
Preheat a pot with the coconut oil. Add the onion and garlic and cook for about 3 minutes. Add the mushroom and cook for another 5 minutes. If the mushrooms start to stick, you can add more oil if needed. Add the rice and cook for another minute.
Deglaze with the vegetable broth and let it simmer for 15 minutes. Stir occasionally.
Add the butter and season with salt and pepper.
- You can add a little bit of cream or cheese for a creamy mushroom rice.
Calories: 639kcal | Carbohydrates: 91g | Protein: 12g | Fat: 26g | Saturated Fat: 14g | Sodium: 1068mg | Potassium: 741mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 9g | Vitamin A: 510IU | Vitamin C: 12.2mg | Calcium: 56mg | Iron: 1.7mg