Homemade Baked French Fries
Is there anything better than homemade baked french fries which are crispy and golden brown? Let me show you how to make the best homemade french fries in the oven with only a small amount of oil.
- 2.2 lbs (1kg) organic potatoes see notes
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp salt
Preheat your oven to 230°C/445°F. Peel the potatoes if using non-organic ones. Cut the potatoes into 1cm/0.4inch thick strips.
Wash them under cold water and transfer to a bowl. Bring a pot water to the boil, pour it over the potatoes, and let them soak for 10 minutes.
Drain the potatoes and dry them using a kitchen towel or kitchen paper. Mix them with the olive oil and salt.
Place on a with parchment paper lined baking sheet and bake for about 30 minutes in the preheated oven until golden brown. Flip them after 15 minutes for an even browning.
- Use starchy potatoes like Russet or Idaho.
- You don't need to peel the potatoes if using organic ones.
- Use a crinkle cutter for extra crispy french fries.
- Add your preferred seasonings like ground paprika, garlic powder, or dried herbs.
Calories: 413kcal | Carbohydrates: 62g | Protein: 12g | Fat: 14g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Sodium: 2375mg | Potassium: 2060mg | Fiber: 12g | Vitamin C: 56.8mg | Calcium: 150mg | Iron: 16.2mg