Vegan Carrot Ginger Soup
A healthy vegan carrot ginger soup for cold winter days which is made in only 30 minutes. If you have a cold or craving a hot meal full of veggies, this ginger soup recipe is perfect for you.
- 1 tbsp coconut oil or another oil
- 1 onion minced
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 3 tbsp (30g) ginger minced
- 5 (500g) large carrots peeled & roughly chopped
- 2 cups (500ml) vegetable stock
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tsp salt
- pepper to taste
Heat a pan with the oil. Add the minced onion, garlic, and ginger and cook for 5 minutes. Add the roughly chopped carrots and roast for another 3 minutes.
Add the vegetable stock, close the lid, and let it simmer for 15 minutes.
Mix the soup in a blender or with an immersion blender until smooth.
Season with lime juice, salt, and pepper. Serve hot.
- The serving size is for four people as a starter or two as a main dish.
- For a creamy taste, add cashew cream, coconut milk or vegan cream.
- You can store the soup in your fridge for up to one week.
- The soup has an intense ginger taste, which is perfect if you have a cold. For a less intense ginger flavor, reduce the amount of ginger used to one tablespoon.
Calories: 84kcal | Carbohydrates: 13g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 3g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Sodium: 1106mg | Potassium: 305mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 12990IU | Vitamin C: 8.4mg | Calcium: 34mg | Iron: 0.3mg