Carrot Ginger Soup
This healthy vegan carrot ginger soup recipe is absolutely bursting with flavor! The best Winter Comfort Food for all soup fans!
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 onion minced
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 2 tbsp ginger minced → see notes
- 1.1 lb carrots roughly chopped
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- ¼ cup coconut milk optional, for a creamier soup
- 1 tbsp lemon juice or lime juice
- 1 tsp maple syrup optional
- salt & pepper to taste
Heat a large pot with oil. Add onion, garlic, and ginger and sauté for 5 minutes. Add carrots and sauté for another 3 minutes while stirring occasionally.
Pour in the vegetable broth, pop on the lid, and let it simmer for 15 minutes.
Blend the soup until smooth using a blender or immersion blender. Optional: Add ¼ cup coconut milk, dairy-free cream, or this cashew cream for a creamier soup. Add more water if you like your soup thinner.
Season with lemon juice, maple syrup, salt, and black pepper. → Decorate the soup with a few splashes of coconut milk and roasted sunflower seeds.
- Make-Ahead: Keeps fresh for 3 days. Store it in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
- Freeze: Can be frozen for up to 3 months. Thaw it directly in a pot over medium heat.
- Ginger: This soup is very gingery, which is healthy and helps to reduce inflammation if you have a cold. Reduce the amount to only 1 tbsp for a less intense ginger flavor.
Calories: 110kcal | Carbohydrates: 19g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 4g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 558mg | Potassium: 454mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 9g | Vitamin A: 21089IU | Vitamin C: 11mg | Calcium: 50mg | Iron: 1mg