Homemade Vegan Mayo
The easiest and most delicious homemade vegan mayo recipe you have to know. Let me show you how to make a thick white vegan mayo at home.
- ¼ cup soymilk unsweetened
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- ~½ cup sunflower oil or canola oil
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp mustard
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp sugar
Add the soymilk and apple cider vinegar to a food processor or immersion blender and mix.
With the blender on, slowly add the sunflower oil until you have a thick mayo. You can add more oil if you want the mayo to be even thicker.
Season with lemon juice, mustard, salt, and sugar.
- The recipe is for one small jar of mayo. Double the amount if you invited friends or have a family with kids.
- The mayo tastes the best if fresh. However, you can store it in your fridge for up to a few days.
- It's important to slowly add the oil with the blender or food processor on - this ensures that your mayo thickens.
- Important: The recipe ONLY works with soy milk! Please don't substitute with any other plant-based milk or it won't work.
Calories: 18kcal | Carbohydrates: 1g | Protein: 1g | Sodium: 624mg | Potassium: 42mg | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 120IU | Vitamin C: 3.1mg | Calcium: 42mg | Iron: 0.1mg