Creamy Vegan Salad Dressing
One of the best and only creamy vegan salad dressing recipe you have to know. It's basically a plant-based version of the famous white French dressing.
Servings 8 portions (~1.5 cup dressing)
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 onion minced
- ½ cup vegetable broth
- ¼ cup soy milk unsweetened
- ½ cup sunflower oil or canola oil
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar or red wine vinegar
- ⅛ cup olive oil
- 1 tbsp mustard
- 1 tsp sugar
- 0.5 tsp salt
Cook the minced garlic, onion, and vegetable broth in a small pot for 10 minutes. Transfer into a bowl and let it cool down for 5 minutes.
Add all ingredient into your food processor (or immersion blender) and blend until you have a smooth and creamy dressing.
Season with more salt and pepper according to your taste.
- Add some water if you prefer the dressing a little thinner, but be aware that this vegan salad dressing thickens a little in the refrigerator.
- You can store the dressing for up to one week in your fridge.
- This dressing goes well with all kind of salads (green, pasta, rice, veggies).
- Using soy milk is essential for this recipe and can't be substituted with any other plant-based milk.
Calories: 164kcal | Carbohydrates: 2g | Fat: 17g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 229mg | Potassium: 34mg | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 45IU | Vitamin C: 1.2mg | Calcium: 13mg | Iron: 0.1mg