Vegan Thai Iced Tea
Vegan Thai Iced Tea – The ice cold tea summer drink you can’t miss out!
- 2 cups (480ml) boiling water
- 2 tea bags black tea use 4 for an extra strong tea
- ⅛ cup (30g) brown sugar or coconut blossom sugar
- 2 star anise
- 2 cloves
- 1 cardamom pod crushed
- ½ cup oat milk or light coconut milk, soy milk
- a handful ice cubes
Bring the water to the boil and add the tea, sugar, and spices. Let the tea bags steep for 5 minutes and remove them afterward.
Let the tea (leave the spices inside) cool down on your countertop for about one hour.
Remove the spices and divide the tea between two large glasses. Add enough ice cubes and fill each glass with oat milk.
- Light coconut milk or soy milk works too.
- Double the amount of sugar for a sweeter Thai iced tea.
- Prepare the tea one day in advance and store it in the fridge (you can leave the spices inside for a stronger taste).
Calories: 91kcal | Carbohydrates: 20g | Protein: 1g | Sodium: 45mg | Potassium: 47mg | Sugar: 18g | Vitamin A: 125IU | Calcium: 112mg | Iron: 1mg